Fake is on the rise in Hertfordshire’s Gardens
In recent years more and more people in Hertfordshire have chosen to lay artificial grass in their gardens. First introduced in the US in the1960s and used for sports fields or golf courses it is now been used extensively in the domestic environment both here an abroad.
It is thought that the two main reasons for this trend are the prolonged summer heat-wave earlier in the year and the fact that many people lead such busy lives that they just don’t have the time to look after a traditional lawn; the weekly mowing and summer watering can be too much of a hassle for some people.
Mr Paul Saunt from Herfordshire said: “I have lived here for a number of years and have been thinking of laying an artificial turf for a number of years, as a family we don’t have time to maintain the lawn. However this summer’s hot spell finally made up my mind when the blazing sun scorched the grass brown and turned it in to an eyesore”.
“I looked into having artificial grass and since Dayco installed it in my garden a few weeks ago, I have never looked back. Already the children have enjoyed many hours playing on it. No more patchy, brown lawn!”
Tom Day, director of Dayco Artificial Grass, said: “Demand this year has been unprecedented, the hot weather has really made a difference and we are working round the clock to make sure all our orders are done in time.
“We have also found that as people’s lives are getting busier, with both parents working full-time and their children taking part in many activities they don’t want to spend their precious free time looking after their lawn”.
Artificial Grass Fact File:
- Artificial turf drains quicker and more effectively than natural grass.
- Artificial turf doesn’t require treatment with fertilisers and pesticides – more environmentally friendly than natural grass.
- Low maintenance – no mowing, good if got a busy lifestyle or if you own a holiday home and can’t always be on site.
- No watering – better on the pocket especially for those on water meters. Good if live in area with a hose pipe ban.
- All year round green – no more patchy brown lawn
- Effective in areas where real grass is not an option – e.g. roof garden, round a swimming pool
- Ideal for areas of heavy usage – no more slippery, muddy areas
- Durable – do not wear out, some still going strong in this country after a couple of decades.
- Dayco is a Barnet based company and was founded in 1992 by Tom Day
- Dayco offer a full 6 year guarantee
- Dayco artificial grass is fade resistant and pet friendly.